- To access Go To Meeting for this Friday’s meeting click on the link provided – https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/770424909 – and follow the instructions, or join by phone – (872) 240-3212; access code: 770-424-909.
- The 2020 School Backpack and Supplies Project is in full swing, supporting students at the Wilson Elementary School in Hamilton. The goal is to collect at least 80 backpacks and enough school supplies to fill them. The list of school supplies being collected through August 21 includes – backpack, crayons (box of 24 preferred), #2 pencils, pencil case (any kind), notebook (any kind), glue sticks. Please drop off the items on Scott Biondi’s porch at 603 Paxson Avenue, Mercerville NJ 08619, or have your online orders drop-shipped there.
- Our Club and Foundation Board of Directors will meet next Wednesday, August 12, to consider the 2020-2021 budget, dispersement of the Mercer’s Got Magic net proceeds, and upcoming events, among other agenda items. We will report on the board meeting actions in a follow-up email and at our August 21 club meeting.
- September 11th is a National Day of Service and Remembrance. To mark the occasion, our Rotary club and Project Linus – Mercer County, NJ Chapter are teaming up to provide blankets for The Gary Sinise Foundation and its Snowball Express Program serving children of fallen military heroes. You can make blankets at home, purchase shipping labels, or donate funds to help purchase blanket making materials. Project Linus will accept any handmade crocheted, knitted, quilted, or single layer fleece blankets bigger than 45″ x 60″. Please check out the Project Linus Facebook Page for easy tips on making a no sew fleece blanket: https://www.facebook.com/projectlinusmercercounty/. Blankets, shipping labels, and cash or check donations payable to Project Linus can be dropped on Cindy Rosen’s porch at 4 Eisenhower Drive in Robbinsville anytime on Sept 11th or 12th. You can also donate through PayPal or Venmo. Contact Cindy for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Friday, August 14 meeting will feature a virtual visit with our Rotary District 7475 Governor Dr. Ann Walko. It will be a joint meeting on Zoom with two other clubs in the District – Florham Park and Morris Plains. We will hear the District Governor’s plans for this different year, and we will report on our club’s goals. A highlight of the meeting is expected to be the swearing in of several new club members.
- Plans are being finalized for a club hybrid meeting on Friday, August 21, at 7:30 a.m. – in-person for those comfortable with getting together with social distancing and masks, and Zoom for all others. The in-person meeting will be held at the Miracle League field and pavilion, part of the Hamilton Area YMCA’s Sawmill complex, 185 Sawmill Road, Hamilton, 08620.